ROGER WATERS DOES NOT WANT MORE PINK FLOYD
Scott F.
2011-06-01 21:00:37 UTC
Roger Waters may have brought up fellow Pink Floyd members David
Gilmour and Nick Mason at his London The Wall show in mid-May, but it
doesn’t mean he wants to work with the band again. Roger told a BBC
Radio show that he is “really glad” he was in the group for 20 years
but has “no wish to do it ever again.” Read more at BBC.co.uk.
***********************

I supposed we can appreciate the occasional one-offs they've decided
to do for the right reasons. In the future, any perforance will be
billed as "featuring the members of Pink Floyd." Not specifically
Performing tonight; Pink Floyd. Fair enough.

Scott
www.audioworkspro.com
brufy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011j39v
Scott F.
I did listen to Desert Island Discs. Very enjoyable...
Kyla =^ ..^=
2011-06-01 23:31:23 UTC

Post by Scott F.
I supposed we can appreciate the occasional one-offs they've decided
to do for the right reasons. In the future, any perforance will be
billed as "featuring the members of Pink Floyd." Not specifically
Performing tonight; Pink Floyd. Fair enough.
Scott
www.audioworkspro.com
Whatever....to me Roger is a narcissist who cares about no one but himself.
But that's just MY opinion.
And he is 67 years old, and I thought his last performance was horrid.
He was good back in 2000 when we saw him in his In The Flesh tour with a
couple of friends from here..not a bad concert at all <G>
I much prefer David Gilmour, with his signature guitar playing, and his
voice.
Let's face it, we're ALL getting "shorter of breath, one day closer to
death."
Might as well enjoy them as long as they and we are around.
Love
Kyla
drwho
2011-06-03 16:33:33 UTC
"Scott F."
You should have heard Dave Solo, cunt.
P-Dub
2011-06-03 19:38:07 UTC
Post by drwho
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
"Scott F."
Whatever....to me Roger is a narcissist who cares about no one but himself.
But that's just MY opinion.
You should have heard Dave Solo, cunt.
...we came in...

Roger has been a narcissist. However, I think he's chilled out as-of
late. I have always respected his talent as a songwriter, but I blame
him for the breakup of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. While
I do not agree with his politics, I do appreciate that he's not as much
a hermit these days. And the fact that he joined the other guys at Live
8 - and has invited Dave to join him on stage recently, shows me that
he's chilled a bit more now.

Dave is historically one of the best guitar players that has ever played
'rock' - period. Dave CREATED some of history's greatest guitar riffs,
and few guitar buffs would argue that.

David's 'sound' is very much an integral part of the band called Pink
Floyd. If one calls Roger 'Pink', then that same someone would have to
call David (and also Richard and Nick) 'Floyd'.

IMO Dave deserves respect from all who appreciate rock music - as he is
a revered icon who has been instrumental in perpetuating the very art of
rock music forward through the 70s, 80s, and beyond.

Those who disrespect Dave also disrespect the history of Pink Floyd, and
rock music in general.

Bottom line = you can't have Pink Floyd without David Gilmour. And you
wouldn't even know who Roger Waters was if it weren't for David Gilmour.

P-Dub: isn't this where...
drwho
2011-06-06 17:30:00 UTC
Did Fat Dave practice yet?
drwho
2011-06-06 17:30:53 UTC
Post by P-Dub
Bottom line = you can't have Pink Floyd without David Gilmour. And you
wouldn't even know who Roger Waters was if it weren't for David Gilmour.
yeah, sure, Fat Daves Jokers Wild would have gone on to great things.

Meanwhile, Waters already had a hit album while in Floyd.
Kyla =^ ..^=
2011-06-06 19:32:23 UTC
"P-Dub"
On Jun 1, 4:31 pm, "Kyla =^ ..^="<
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
"Scott F."
Whatever....to me Roger is a narcissist who cares about no one but himself.
But that's just MY opinion.
...we came in...

Roger has been a narcissist. However, I think he's chilled out as-of
late. I have always respected his talent as a songwriter, but I blame
him for the breakup of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. While
I do not agree with his politics, I do appreciate that he's not as much
a hermit these days. And the fact that he joined the other guys at Live
8 - and has invited Dave to join him on stage recently, shows me that
he's chilled a bit more now.

Kyla: Yes, he has chilled a 'bit' now.
But I also agree that he is responsible for breaking up Pink Floyd too.
At Live 8, his body language was 'something', like, hey, I'm back' and when
they went for the 'hug' at the end,
did you see the other 'lads' sort of go..umm do we gotta? But they did hug,
and then
Waters walked off by himself while the others waved at the crowd...
so there were still some personality
differences. Oh well.

Dave is historically one of the best guitar players that has ever played
'rock' - period. Dave CREATED some of history's greatest guitar riffs,
and few guitar buffs would argue that.

Kyla: I so totally agree with you on that.

David's 'sound' is very much an integral part of the band called Pink
Floyd. If one calls Roger 'Pink', then that same someone would have to
call David (and also Richard and Nick) 'Floyd'.

Kyla: agreed

IMO Dave deserves respect from all who appreciate rock music - as he is
a revered icon who has been instrumental in perpetuating the very art of
rock music forward through the 70s, 80s, and beyond.

Kyla: yes, you are right on that ,
David does deserve the respect for all who appreciate rock music, like you
said.

Those who disrespect Dave also disrespect the history of Pink Floyd, and
rock music in general.

Kyla" Amen to that

Bottom line = you can't have Pink Floyd without David Gilmour. And you
wouldn't even know who Roger Waters was if it weren't for David Gilmour.

Kyla..lol..you are so right about that as well. Even if Waters did write The
Wall.

P-Dub: isn't this where...

Kyla leaves this conversation......to go enjoy a latte
Fat David
2011-06-07 02:40:08 UTC
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
"P-Dub"
"Scott F."
If you can't learn to format a post, don't post.
Kyla =^ ..^=
2011-06-07 06:01:26 UTC
"Fat David"
On Jun 6, 12:32 pm, "Kyla =^ ..^=" > "P-Dub"
Post by P-Dub
On Jun 1, 4:31 pm, "Kyla =^ ..^="<
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
"Scott F."
[...]
If you can't behave, then just shut up!! or risked getting plonked!!!
Geez, not another one....
Fat David
2011-06-07 14:17:13 UTC
Ride a dildo to hell you crazy old broad.
Kyla =^ ..^=
2011-06-07 19:12:50 UTC
"Fat David"
On Jun 6, 11:01 pm, "Kyla =^ ..^="
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
If you can't behave, then just shut up!! or risked getting plonked!!!
Geez, not another one....
Ride a dildo to hell you crazy old broad.
You were warned..but ya didn't listen!!!

PLONK!!!!! flush 5 times

Kyla
Fat David
2011-06-07 23:51:49 UTC
"Fat David"
On Jun 6, 11:01 pm, "Kyla =^ ..^="
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
If you can't behave, then just shut up!! or risked getting plonked!!!
Geez, not  another one....
Ride a dildo to hell you crazy old broad.
You were warned..but ya didn't listen!!!
PLONK!!!!!  flush 5 times
Kyla
At least down here they know how to format a post. Hope you remembered
to wipe. Probably not.
drwho
2011-06-09 15:55:32 UTC
Kyla, ruining ampf with every post.

Sad Ken
2011-06-03 19:44:18 UTC
Post by drwho
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
"Scott F."
Whatever....to me Roger is a narcissist who cares about no one but himself.
But that's just MY opinion.
You should have heard Dave Solo, cunt.
Restrained and erudite as ever, I see.....

Sad Ken - fourteen years on amp-f, and still none the wiser
Kyla =^ ..^=
2011-06-06 19:40:07 UTC
"Sad Ken"
On Jun 1, 4:31 pm, "Kyla =^ ..^=" >
Post by Kyla =^ ..^=
"Scott F."
Kyla: Whatever....to me Roger is a narcissist who cares about no one but
himself.
But that's just MY opinion.
You should have heard Dave Solo, cunt.
Restrained and erudite as ever, I see.....
Sad Ken - fourteen years on amp-f, and still none the wiser

I do hope you aren't talking to Scott F or me lol
Scott's okay.
It's the other idiot..the nasty meanie

Kyla thirteen years on amp-f and still here, despite all the flamage'
drwho
2011-06-06 20:31:56 UTC
Post by drwho
You should have heard Dave Solo, cunt.
Restrained and erudite as ever, I see.....
Sad Ken - fourteen years on amp-f, and still none the wiser
I do hope you aren't talking to Scott F or me  lol
Scott's okay.
It's the other idiot..the nasty meanie
Kyla thirteen years on amp-f and still here, despite all the flamage'
the nasty meanie

you are a wreck kyla, you stupid cunt