The Wall Concerts 2010 - Encores?
thomp
2010-05-12 16:07:45 UTC
The encores, although unlikely - seeing how there was no encores
during the original tour, Roger did include an encore at the Berlin
Wall show.

The best encore I've seen was Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Ending the
night on a long piece worked really well at the stadium shows. But I
doubt Roger would go for a long song.

Is it possible that there will be an encore song or two at these shows
and what would they be??

Maybe two shorter songs. What would you all like to see or would you
predict?

I would bet on, Leaving Beirut.

Maybe Us & Them - which would be not the same without Any Colour You
Like.

So ok, I'm always the optimist, 3 songs, in this order, is my guess:

Leaving Beirut
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like

thomp
Sheik Barack Hussein
2010-05-12 18:36:32 UTC
Post by thomp
[...]
Whatever it is it will be lipsynched like the rest of the show. Go
home and die Roger.
Kyla =^..^=
2010-05-12 21:01:06 UTC
"thomp"
Post by thomp
The encores, although unlikely - seeing how there was no encores
during the original tour, Roger did include an encore at the Berlin
Wall show.
NOT Van Morrison doing CN like he did in the Berlin ...Wall show.
OMG, that was horrid.
Don't get me wrong, I like VM, but he totally harked out that song..
Post by thomp
The best encore I've seen was Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Ending the
night on a long piece worked really well at the stadium shows. But I
doubt Roger would go for a long song.
Is it possible that there will be an encore song or two at these shows
and what would they be??
Um, Hello (I Love You?) from the DVD "The Last Mimzy?"
Post by thomp
Maybe two shorter songs. What would you all like to see or would you
predict?
Another Prick in The Wall? <G>
With kazoos
Klya
thomp
thomp
2010-05-12 23:32:29 UTC
Post by Kyla =^..^=
Post by thomp
Maybe two shorter songs. What would you all like to see or would you
predict?
 Another Prick in The Wall?   <G>
With kazoos
   Klya
Post by thomp
thomp
I was thinking something other than a song from The Wall. I agree Van
Morrison was horrible.

I don't know that song, "Hello ( I love You )" from that movie,
although I have seen you write about it before. I'll check it
out . . .

The safe bet would be no encores, but gambling isn't fun if everything
is a safe bet. I'd be willing to wager on "Leaving Beirut."

thomp
Kyla =^..^=
2010-05-13 04:32:24 UTC
Post by thomp
thomp
I was thinking something other than a song from The Wall. I agree Van
Morrison was horrible.
It was worse than hoorble, it was a disgrase, with The Band minus RR but
with LeVon Helm backing him up *shudder* A 'Southern band with a Scottish
lead singer..what WAS RW thimking?
I don't know that song, "Hello ( I love You )" from that movie,
although I have seen you write about it before. I'll check it
out . .
Good song. Let me know what you thimk..

--
thomp

klya
Gary
2010-05-13 15:25:43 UTC
Is it the only one you listen to know?
Gary
2010-05-13 15:25:02 UTC

Plonk him!
Scott F.
2010-05-14 13:53:50 UTC
Post by thomp
The encores, although unlikely - seeing how there was no encores
during the original tour, Roger did include an encore at the Berlin
Wall show.
Same as Berlin. The Tide Is Turning...

Scott F.
www.audioworkspro.com
thomp
2010-05-17 02:40:00 UTC
Post by thomp
The encores, although unlikely - seeing how there was no encores
during the original tour, Roger did include an encore at the Berlin
Wall show.
Same as Berlin.  The Tide Is Turning...
Scott F.www.audioworkspro.com
Right - I thought about that one, and wondered if he'd reach that far
back to Radio KAOS for the encore.

1:1 - No Encore

2:1 - Leaving Beirut

10:1 - Us & Them

btw - I still haven't not listened to "Hello" but I have a feeling it
may not fit in with the messages about war.
--
thomp