Roger Waters Narrates at Music Festival
Scott F.
2008-08-30 19:17:24 UTC
This can obviously be posted as OLD NEWS, but I just found the article
and thought I'd share it with the RW group. Now the next obvious
statement; is there anyone on the board who may have seen this
performance?

Roger Waters Narrates at Music Festival
ROGER WATERS, FORMERLY OF PINK FLOYD, TO PERFORM AT THE BRIDGEHAMPTON
CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL, AUGUST 10, 2008

The Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival hosts a concert entitled
"Something for Everyone," featuring songwriter and vocalist Roger
Waters narrating Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale. This unique concert
will be held on Sunday, August 10, 2008, at 6:30 p.m. at the
Bridgehampton Presbyterian Church, 2429 Montauk Highway,
Bridgehampton, NY.

The program includes Stephen Williamson (clarinet), Peter Kolkay
(bassoon), David Krauss (trumpet), David Finlayson (trombone), Colin
Jacobsen (violin/viola), Ayano Ninomiya (violin), Nicholas Cords
(viola), Edward Arron (cello), Donald Palma (double bass), Pedja
Muzijevic (piano), and Ayano Kataoka (percussion).

The balance of the program is as follows:

Mendelssohn: Sextet in D Major for Strings and Piano, Op. 110
Arvo PŠrt: Summa for Violin, 2 Violas and Cello
Stravinsky: The Soldier's Tale (Mr. Waters)
Tickets are $30-$40, and can be purchased by calling 631-537-6368.

In chamber music, each musician plays a different part, and the
interplay of each player's sound with the collective sound of the
ensemble demands the highest artistry, expression and sensitivity.
Chamber music offers performers special challenges, and special ways
of relating to each other, so musicians often get together in private
to play chamber music for their own delight.

Bridgehampton Chamber Music sets up this intimate experience between
some of the world's finest artists, and opens it up to a small
audience of privileged listeners. The moment we hear it, we know
something unique is happeningÑand we're part of it.

The graceful sanctuary of the Bridgehampton Presbyterian Church is
modest in size so each member of the audience, seated in a cushioned
pew, feels close to the performers on the altar that forms the stage.

The acoustics are so pure that the softest note is audible from every
seat. And air conditioning makes an already magical listening
experience truly perfect.
tension_on_the_wire
2008-09-06 06:25:51 UTC
Post by Scott F.
[...]
It probably sounded alot like Amused to Death.
I would have liked to have seen it.

--tension