Waters @ Coachella
progea
2008-04-29 02:36:10 UTC
There's a plague of the Floydhouse keepers: MySpace bulletining of
pasted contents of articles with no link provided. Previously it was
from Dave Kilminster, now it's from a source that rather constantly
does so - Floyd Factor, Canada's PF best tribute band. I suspected
they both used brain-damage.co.uk as their primary source but this
time I efortlessly found the link on Yahoo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080428/ap_en_mu/music_coachella_roger_waters;_ylt=Aj4WgWCb74KdeCYJoP77cKxX24cA

Roger Waters plays `Dark Side,' unleashes giant pig

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

Mon Apr 28, 7:31 AM ET

INDIO, Calif. - Roger Waters brought Coachella to a close with an epic
two-set performance that included playing all of "Dark Side of the
Moon" and unleashing a giant inflated pig into the night sky.

The 64-year-old Waters, the third headliner of the three-day music
festival following Prince and Jack Johnson, performed an elaborate,
almost retrospective concert Sunday featuring music from throughout
Pink Floyd's catalog.

Old photographs of the band often flashed across the screen behind
Waters and his current band, which played songs from "The Wall," "Wish
You Were Here" and "Animals," among other Floyd albums. They also
played "Dark Side" in its entirety, culminating with the album's
iconic triangle prism rising above the stage.

But Waters' biggest prop was an inflatable pig the size of a school
bus that emerged while he played a version of "Pigs" from 1977's
capitalism critique, "Animals."

The pig, which was led above the crowd from lines held on the ground,
displayed the words "Don't be led to the slaughter" and a cartoon of
Uncle Sam wielding two bloody cleavers. The other side read "Fear
builds walls."

The underside of the pig simply read "Obama" with a checked ballot box
alongside.

As Waters drew the song to a close, flame bursts exploded on the sides
of the stage and the swine floated into the night sky. Waters said
sadly and comically, "That's my pig."

The performance also included speaker towers placed around the outside
of the crowd. Smoke machines funneled across the stage and over the
audience, thickening the atmosphere
progea
2008-04-29 02:38:05 UTC
Shit, and now I even posted without first checking whether it was not
already posted, and it was, indeed. Sorry!
progea
2008-04-30 00:20:16 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080429/ap_en_mu/music_lost_flying_pig;_ylt=AjEbc0rsaJfDre9E7HuFRPtX24cA